Possibly The Coolest hardwood flooring Job Ever
How ‘bout we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? Our small hardwood flooring business is located in Yelm, WA. We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest hardwood flooring place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world one floor at a time (you will see what we mean when you check out our online presence!). Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
• You’ll have to move. If you like where you live you will have to leave that behind and make the journey to Yelm, WA.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
1. You’ll work for someone who loves hardwood flooring.
2. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. We work primarily in nice houses with nice views.
3. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
4. The hours fluctuate depending upon the day’s work but you can count on us not working weekends.
5. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
1. You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
2. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
3. You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half- assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right. But not too slow as things still need to get done on time. If you can’t install a minimum of 250’ per day or sand and finish a minimum of 400’ per day then this isn’t the place for you.
4. We want you to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the party…in fact, quite the opposite. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help the team in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our workplace is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick holler to Josh.
5. You need to be able to work solo with minimal guidance. As a lead craftsman you are expected to be able to complete any task assigned.
To learn more about us, check out ptlhardwoodfloors.com and our Facebook and Instagram pages.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: This is a foreman type job. The pay starts at $25 an hour to start and the hours will be 30-50 a week. You must come into our Yelm, WA shop and then out to the job site from there. You’ll also get paid holidays, sick pay and vacation so you’ll have plenty of time to rest and refresh yourself throughout the year without having to worrying about missing out on payday.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
We can’t wait to meet you!!!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org